Having trouble with lag in Rocket League? Read these top 10 best ways to reduce lag in Rocket League:
Some of these may or may not work, but these are the top 10 best ways I could think of or have experienced in the past.
- Full screen- Make sure your screen is on full screen, not windowed or anything else. To change this, go into options, video, then click on full screen on the windowed settings.
- Tabs- Close as many tabs down as you can. For example: if you have any other games open at the same time, close them down.
- Lower Video Settings- If you have your video settings on the maximum they can possibly be, then lower them. I personally have my settings on the lowest you possibly can:
- Restart Game- Try restarting your game. This sometimes works.
- Restart Computer- If restarting your game doesn’t work, then try restarting your computer. If you play on a console, like Xbox or PlayStation, then try restarting your play station.
- Disconnect from WiFi- Another possible way in by disconnecting and then reconnecting to the WiFi.
- Good Internet- Having good internet is always crucial to not lag in Rocket League. If your computer/console if far away from your WiFi, then i would advise you to try and get an ethernet cable.
- Turning your WiFi On and Off- This may sound the same as disconnecting from the WiFi, but if you actually turn your WiFi off from the router, it may work. Wait a few minutes to turn the WiFi back on. This is different to disconnecting because then the WiFi is still actually up, just your not connected to it from your computer/console.
- Good Quality PC/Console- Having a cheap computer/console is not always the best option, especially for gaming. Even though Rocket League doesn’t take up as much space as other games, you still need a decent computer/console to run it.
- Region- Search for games in your area. For example, if you live in Europe, search for games in Europe only. You can change this by: Play Online>>Find Match>>Region>>e.g. Europe.